• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 1, 2020

    Puzzle & Dragons One dumb way to beat this month's C9

    Puzzle & Dragons One dumb way to beat this month's C9


    One dumb way to beat this month's C9

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 07:17 AM PST

    DadGuide help wanted - enemy skills review

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 10:19 AM PST

    For those of you unfamiliar, DadGuide is an open source Android / iOS app that displays PAD info.

    For regular users, you may have noticed dungeon monster skills have recently appeared (albeit with a big red warning sign on them). This data was automatically generated by a dungeon simulator and manipulated into a human readable format. It's probably 95% trustworthy, but the other 5% will get you killed.

    A group of volunteers and myself have been working on reviewing, fixing, and approving the monster skill data. For a lot of monsters (maybe half) this is pretty trivial since they have only one or two moves, maybe a preemptive or resist.

    For other monsters (particularly bosses) this is a significant amount of work. I just spent 15 minutes reviewing and fixing the data for Awoken Orochi, and I've gotten pretty good at this.

    I'm looking for volunteers to help with this. I already have a few people but there is a lot to do, and burnout is a real thing here. If I can get like 5 people to do 2 monsters per day each, well, it will still be at least 3 months before we finish the backlog. Hopefully we can wrap this up a bit sooner.

    If you're willing to help, I'll set you up with a username and password and train you to use a web UI I built to review/modify/approve monsters. A doc that describes this UI is available here. If you're interested in the nuts and bolts of how monsters work in PAD, I put some info in this doc.

    We're coordinating the review in this channel on discord: https://discord.gg/7GW8WWK

    ---

    As always, a reminder that this data/code behind DadGuide is free and open source. I welcome anyone who wants to add features, fix bugs, or build on top of it.

    submitted by /u/tactical_retreat
    [link] [comments]

    Happy New Year's Everyone!!!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 09:48 PM PST

    Puzzle hard and stay safe!

    submitted by /u/ramuh016
    [link] [comments]

    Finally joined the club :)

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 06:11 AM PST

    [Video] January 2020 Quest Challenge Level 9 - Sitri is Worse Than Beelzebub

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 11:48 AM PST

    There's a Puzzles and Dragons Reference in the saga of Tanya the evil

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 07:11 PM PST

    Someone mind explaining how he can buy 2 of the same bundle?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 10:26 AM PST

    Which is the best choice?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 08:21 AM PST

    The Salty and The Sweet

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 01:33 PM PST

    Happy New Year!

    So I know at one point the Fantasia collab was getting a bit of hate for bad pull rates for some folks. Now that we are in 2020 I'm curious about what were everyone's best and worst gatcha events/collabs of 2019?

    To start I'd say my worst collab for pulling last year was Shaman King. I was 0/20. I was only doing the $0.99 bundles the rest were recent saved up free stones. No diamonds and I didn't even get the one gold I was most interested in, Ryunosuke (instead I got 5 Marcos...😒). So yeah I know RNG is RNG but man I was quite salty from that event.

    On the other hand my sweetest gatcha pulling event I think was Samurai Shodown. I got 3/11 and while to some that might not that seem amazing this event has brought so much value to my box. I got my current main Genjuro who I pair with a friend Ina and has made getting through tough parts of this game become much more doable for me for the first time. I also got Kurama (who is also amazing), Shiki, Rimururu (without having to buy the skin) and at least one of each gold except Jubei. I'm amazed how pretty much each card has had some use since rolling! (I'm currently using one of the gold cards for this ranking dungeon!)

    So how was it for everyone else? I'm curious what were your best/worst and if upon relooking over your boxes if anyone had some events/collabs that surprised them in much utility or joy was brought.

    submitted by /u/Pocketgalaxy159
    [link] [comments]

    LF Phenom Friends - 380,154,247

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 01:30 PM PST

    Just when I thought HCotton couldn't get any better

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 08:57 AM PST

    [Event][NA] January 2020 Quests (Zahhak, Nidhogg, Manticore)

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 07:20 PM PST

    So amped to have all the OG hats..... best PCGF ever!!!! Thanks GH

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 11:06 AM PST

    Couldn't beat it with my Dmeta team so...

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 10:18 PM PST

    Just cleared AA2 for the first time!!

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 06:56 AM PST

    LF Velkhana (Minaka slot 1), HMadoo/Phenom (Ina slot 2)

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 09:57 AM PST

    With this box, should I roll in Yugioh/PCGF? Also where did the random 100ms come from

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 09:50 AM PST

    How do I create a JP apple id/account? Differences between NA and JP?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 05:43 AM PST

    Hi everyone!

    So recently I started thinking about creating a JP pad account to roll in ygo, but the guides I've found for creating a JP apple ID seem outdated. Is there any updated guide to doing this?

    Also, are there any major differences between playing in NA and JP?

    Thanks and happy new year!

    submitted by /u/octopwaaaa
    [link] [comments]

    LF H.Madoo/phenom friends 351,531,354

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 09:14 AM PST

    [LF][JP]Looking for Genjuro Evo to pair up with my Yugi, add me at 441,164,071

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 08:52 AM PST

    LF friends 386 842 468

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 01:05 AM PST

    Who did you use your pad appreciation medal on?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 04:29 AM PST

    My 2 Hopes for Puzzle & Dragons GOLD [SWITCH]

    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 04:23 AM PST

    Im honestly super glad we are getting another entry into the PAD console gaming, especially after we were skipped (everyone outside Japan) in the release of PAD X. Although I do have some lingering concerns. I did enjoy PAD Z + Super Mario Bros. Edition...but it left a lot to be desired for...it just didnt at all feel like an actual PAD game...these are the things I hope are changed, or already in PAD Gold. Since the game is coming out soon and not much has been shown this is all speculation and wishes

    • The designs are more PAD themed
      • In PAD Z, the designs felt so out of place and not at all like they are in PAD mobile. They not only felt more kiddish and not as mythological and epic, but they felt...just out of place. Even when PAD mobile did a crossover collab with PAD Z and put those monsters in the game in dungeons they stood out horribly. The best way to describe it is how Darkstalkers Morrigan model looked in Capcom vs SNK. Very copy paste and did not look like it fit at all.
    • They change the evolution system
      • One of the things that disappointed me most in PAD Z was how they changed the evolution system. It was not a literal puzzle you had to put together, and the pieces were always super easy to get, and if I remember correctly, you didnt even have to max level your monster before evolving it (its been a long time since I played it). The system just felt too gimmicky. I much preferred the style in the OG PAD. Where you had to go into various specific Evo Material dungeons and hunt down and pray for the drops you needed. Get stronger, and then tackle harder Evo Material dungeons for rarer drops for making your monster even stronger. And you actually had to work to progress your monster. In a way, PAD is like...Monster Hunter with puzzle mechanics. You have to use your skill, and assemble the right team to beat a dungeon. Harder dungeons can prove challenging, but if you can take them, the rewards are more than worth it. You have to gradually take on those harder dungeons, to make a stronger team, which will allow you to take on even harder dungeons, etc. etc. PAD Z just felt like it went with the flow, was super toned down, and didnt at all feel like the OG PAD. Which I guess makes sense. It was to appeal to a more open and kiddy market. But it was a disappointment for fans of PAD that were hoping to play it on the 3DS system as well.

    Of course, we dont know much about PAD Gold, but these are just 2 things Im hoping to see changed going forward and seeing if are implemented in the game. Another thing that worries me, but you cant do much about is its 15$ price tag and its heavily marketed multiplayer. The 15$ price tag doesnt seem like much, but in todays market space, and in the state of the industry today, if a game isnt an indie title then the cheaper it is the less it seems the company believes in the game and can sometimes indicate its quality level. It sounds stupid, I know, but for some reason I have a bad feeling about it. But at least I wont be breaking the bank to try it out lol. Also, there has been brief notions of a story campaign. And I have no doubt there will be one because how else would you collect the monsters for your team. But the multiplayer and PVP seem to be the strongest focus of the game, and its a little worrying. It wouldnt be as much, if it meant online capabilities similar to OG PAD with timed dungeon events, and seasonal themed events, etc. But this seems more like they are trying to branch into the competitive space with PAD. So Im worried if solo play is going to take a hit for the sake of the multiplayer. Once again, bringing into question of that 15$ price tag. Is the campaign going to be the bare minimum and very limited? Am I paying 15$ for basically a multiplayer game? Or am I actually going to get a legitimate PAD game that just so happens to have multiplayer as well, to give me some additional options for after I beat the game, or just want to experiment and try out my team on other people...

    submitted by /u/Izzy248
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment