• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 1, 2021

    Puzzle & Dragons My man was YEARS ahead of the meta.

    Puzzle & Dragons My man was YEARS ahead of the meta.


    My man was YEARS ahead of the meta.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 07:24 PM PST

    [NA][Event] 4 Medals (9th Anniversary, PAD Appreciation, Great Witch, 9th Anniversary), 1 each week of December 2021

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 08:43 PM PST

    I think I am getting close to being done with the game.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 05:47 PM PST

    I've played since close to the beginning. Long enough to remember the first time I beat Hera. I've stuck with the game because, at the end of the day, I have fun logging in everyday, team building, and playing a few dungeons. When they introduced the challenge dungeons, I loved going into them each month and finding a way to approach the content. Since I started playing, the game just kept improving and improving.

    I told myself that when it stopped being fun, I was going to be done with the game. I think that time has come.

    The dungeons have always been difficult, but for the the most part, fair. With some careful consideration, I've always felt I could approach a dungeon, lose, go back to my box to fix the problems, and work until I succeed. It's always been a blast to scour my box for some unique card that fit the mold for what I needed. Sometimes it could be a pull from years past which made it all the more fun to collect and build my box.

    But not anymore. I feel like the game has moved in a drastic direction where most all of my 3.7k box is useless outside a few cards. You need near perfect subs/assists to have a chance at utilizing even the best leads without a margin for error. That is because there are now so many different mechanics that you have to consider. Damage cap, Absorption, Void, Roulette, Cloud, Tape, SBR, Attribute Absorption, Resolve, SUPER Resolve, Blind, Poison, Jammers, All the Skyfall hazards...the list goes on and on. On top of that, as soon as a lead becomes popular, a new mechanic is introduced to hard kill the meta and force a new cycle of chasing the latest pull.

    It's margin for error is now so slim that only a handful of super powerful and rare pulls let you approach the games harder content. Normally, that hasn't been an issue cause that content has been rewarding if you can do it (Titles, pys, latents, ect.), but not necessary. That is no longer the case now that the gems that are necessary to evolve your pulls are hard locked behind that content.

    On top of all of that, we now have the "mystery" content. Hidden dungeons with mysterious rules that punish the player for attempting without meeting the specific requirements. At least when we had the 5* only dungeons, I knew that I just needed to build a team of 5*. But now I have no fucking clue what is needed without scouring the internet for answers. I was infuriated by the last Hidden dungeon that was Awoken Binding my team on a resolve and then binding for 10 turns on the next floor killing the run entirely. I attempted again cause I thought for sure I had missed something, but no, I could literally not complete the dungeon. I had to look up how to complete the dungeon and it completely killed my desire to approach the content. The Mystics rare invades? It's been an event for a while now and the amount of work involved just to learn how the convoluted mess works is a buzzkill.

    As the game gets more and more of this mystery content, it just adds to the mess of trying to approach the content by building your own team. Something I have felt has been a core mechanic behind the fun of PaD.

    So yeah. I think this is my last month as a PaD pass subscriber. I think they finally gave me the reason I needed to quit. The game just isn't fun anymore.

    I think I will continue to check back for a while yet and see if anything changes, but I don't think it will.

    submitted by /u/Bamboodpanda
    [link] [comments]

    [NA][News] 9th Anniversary Event - 90 Magic Stones (30x3 daily login) during the month of December 2021

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 08:38 PM PST

    It was worth the pretty pattern

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 04:16 PM PST

    MD2 Nautilus Guide

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 12:55 PM PST

    Holy schnitzel! I actually beat the Spacetime challenge with Royal Oak. Details on spawns in comments

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 09:39 PM PST

    [NA][Event] December 2021 Quests (Legarovan, Raziel, Eris)

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 08:40 PM PST

    Saw blue Mille and my heart sank but I actually lived her hit with 500 hp. Good luck to everyone else too!

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 06:25 PM PST

    Finally beat MD2 challenge. Leona MVP

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 12:02 PM PST

    Hoping everyone that has PAD Pass rolls just the right trade fodder for a Saline Kitty

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 12:19 PM PST

    BFagan Team clears MD2 and obtains [Space-Time] Title!

    Posted: 01 Dec 2021 01:07 AM PST

    Looking for Witch Saline Kitty. ID is 304,456,222

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 09:34 PM PST

    SRevo Freyja/Nautilus Clears Alt. MD 1

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 03:45 PM PST

    Spacetime Title Challenge - Mahito Dark Cheese

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 09:29 AM PST

    [LF] Daytona Friends with Amaj Equip ID# 384,621,489

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 09:57 PM PST

    Attempting to complete the title challenge using WetTheSystem's team from the Hyperion group's post. Hoping someone can help me out! Thanks again to the Hyperion team!

    submitted by /u/Aznum
    [link] [comments]

    After over 25 runs, I finally had a blue one spawn. If anyone needs help on this dungeon, I have gotten way more familiar with it than I had hoped.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 08:24 AM PST

    [PSA] It's a Trap! (SGF)

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 04:33 AM PST

    I'd wait for PCGF which should be next.

    This event is not even close to the goodies that JP had.

    Cherun, Dyer, Deena, Pattie, Orya and Touya are the non GFE highlights

    Everything else will be in the PCGF anyway (Daytona, Seawolf, Royal Oak, etc.)

    submitted by /u/metaroxx
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for someone with Nobara (7505) to let me try to beat c9 with while I still have time tonight! 399,164,416

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 05:30 PM PST

    Saw this cool video online and think I have a chance to beat the dungeon with this strategy and my very desolate box !

    https://youtu.be/hnVlBlHcy-4

    submitted by /u/Orchidsx
    [link] [comments]

    Im in it boys, fourth roll, now I can become good at the game

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 09:19 AM PST

    Is this team any good? (Built off theme of god dragons)

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 06:49 PM PST

    Is there anything good I can make from this?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 11:52 PM PST

    Last min C9 quest clear. Showcasing how attaching with the power of hearts can one shot Hades. 16x heart box awakenings to one punch his 23mil super resolve. Mindlessly simple clear with this build.

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 11:50 PM PST

    I hate a lot of PAD Mechanics, but Execute Range is the worst

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 11:05 PM PST

    How virtually every enemy in the hardest dungeons in the game execute when within x% of death is a frustrating mechanic and easily the one I die to the most. I suppose it is supposed to force damage control, but when you don't know where an enemy's execute range is and more importantly what it's HP and Def is, it is impossible to know just how much damage will put it in execute range. I've had too many long runs end due to random skyfalls forcing me to trigger an auto-execute even for enemies I have played multiple times. When playing a new enemy/dungeon, you never know if one-shotting is the better option or if you should stall.

    Add to that that with all top leads requiring conditional shields now pretty much EVERY turn to survive, there is no room for execution error. When I play PAD I am generally multi-tasking and losing 60 turns in because my stylus stops tracking or I accidentally match 5, when the shield condition is 6 orbs is too frustrating.

    I've been playing MD2 lately and only a small portion of my Daytona friends have the latent and assist setups needed for my friend lead, which is another frustrating thing about current game. I basically need to roll another Daytona just so I can set it up the way I want and I find that is often the case (pairing either with a dupe or my alt). I realize I've gone on to rant about many things now, lol but this game can be quite frustrating. I just died on F13 of MD2 where multiple guides literally say "Norns are free, kill in 2 turns". Of course, after one turn, I somehow trigger auto-execute (Urd had like 10% left?), so things aren't even that simple. May need to take another break from this game...

    submitted by /u/Quiet_Buffalo
    [link] [comments]

    So Japan got the spring medal through the pad pass, is that correct? And will we be getting that?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2021 10:05 PM PST

    Does anyone have a link as well to show they got this?

    submitted by /u/m00se555
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment