• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 10, 2020

    Puzzle & Dragons 5 ways to resist rolling temptation

    Puzzle & Dragons 5 ways to resist rolling temptation


    5 ways to resist rolling temptation

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 07:56 AM PDT

    Just in a bit of a writing mood. I'm not saying you shouldn't roll or rolling is bad--I just want to provide some rationale and maybe some perspectives you might not have encountered.

    1) Box Quality: Have you been working on your existing cards? Take a look around and see if you've leveled up, skilled up, evolved, limit broken, etc. the cards you use or foresee using. If you still have a lot of cards that could use boosting, perhaps you'd want to hold off on rolling hard and focus on developing what you currently have.

    2) Rolling is Expensive: This is mainly for IAP players, but I feel like many of us forget this at times. Packs of 85 cost 60 USD, which is about 70 cents per stone. Given the standard SGF cost of 10 stones per roll, that's about $7 per roll. Seven dollars. That could be a fast food meal, a parking permit, or two gallons of gas for the car. At the very least, it could be $7 you'd never have to earn again.

    3) Stones as a Scoring System: This is mainly for NIAP players, and is in fact inspired by the user named Zihn (iirc). Simply put, along with things like player rank and range of content cleared, you can start to think of your stone count as another measure of progress in PAD. This creates a tradeoff between preserving stone count and rolling for stronger units. To give an example, if two NIAP players were roughly the same rank and had roughly reached the same level of endgame content, but one had 3k stones while the other had zero, I'd say the first one is more impressive. Maybe it's true that he got luckier with his rolls, however, or maybe he was just that much more efficient.

    4) Powercreep: This is for everyone, and it's kind of self-explanatory. Really strong units today might not be in half a year or a full year. Is it really worth rolling hard for that chase card for the here and now?

    5) Hedonic Adaptation: This is the concept that we as humans maintain a baseline level of happiness. When we acquire something shiny and new, we're happy for a very brief period of time, and then we adapt and re-establish that baseline. The research all points to the fact that acquiring more and more stuff doesn't make us happy in the long term. What it does is give us pleasure in the short term. So try to acknowledge this.

    Again, I'm not discrediting rolling. This is just food for thought. Have a nice day.

    submitted by /u/gtj12
    [link] [comments]

    [JP][NEWS] A7 difficulty > Annihilation?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 08:03 AM PDT

    [Help] Slowly learning AA4 and this happens, can someone explain what happened? I thought she was a safe stall

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 09:25 AM PDT

    Need some help with Tsukuyomi trade/teambuilding

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 09:12 AM PDT

    I'm thinking of trading for Tsukuyomi using trade fodder that I figure I won't have a use for. Should I go through with it, I'm planning on trading Noir, Raizer, Gremory, Dantalion, and Orage. I've made a team template too, utilizing Vergil assuming if he comes to NA. Otherwise, I'll likely just swap around latents and find a replacement sub. I think my box has good enough Norza subs, such as Gintoki and Blodin, so I'm wondering if I should go through with this trade. Here's an imgur link with both my options for trade fodder and the team I'm thinking of building: https://imgur.com/a/eKU5tdd Any advice on the team/trade would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/Splooshxd
    [link] [comments]

    Does someone knows how to unlock legendary Dragon Footprints dungeon?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 11:52 AM PDT

    do not want

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 01:55 PM PDT

    Download in EU?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 01:42 PM PDT

    Hey guys, im trying to download the game from EU but I can't find the IPA for the latest version anywhere online.

    Does anyone know how I can play the game from europe?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/antrek03
    [link] [comments]

    Top Secret Pixel Aten Upcoming Evolution Leaked

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 09:48 AM PDT

    wow

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 12:00 PM PDT

    Need help building a team to challenge Beleth Descended!

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    I started playing PAD again a couple of weeks ago and a lot of new changes were made from when I last was on! One of which were super reincarnations. I have tried to fight Beleth on mythic and have been having a ton of troubles living past the first stage as well as the final battle. Is there anything that I should focus on leveling in my box that would make this dungeon doable? Thanks! http://imgur.com/gallery/BANufTa

    submitted by /u/BronzeArrow
    [link] [comments]

    No regrets.

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 02:10 PM PDT

    This probably isn't the right place, but I have a question regarding the Puzzle and Dragons Z runes on 3DS.

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 02:33 PM PDT

    I remember them giving away runes online around when the game came out. I know they had exclusive monsters, are those still available? Rune or Monster, I'm good with either. Last I heard, the game's servers were shut down but idk that may have been a rumor.

    If this isn't the right place to ask, please direct me to where I should and I'll go ask there instead. Thank you! :)

    Edit: Ok, I did some looking, and it seems the relics are no longer available unless I'm playing in Japan, which I'm not. I'm just curious if the monsters within are necessary for 100% completion. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/inportantusername
    [link] [comments]

    More than 1 King Mastering?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 08:35 AM PDT

    Is there any reason to farm more than one? I'm sure there's diminishing returns and my plan is to stick one on my Raoh farming team.

    submitted by /u/Snus_-
    [link] [comments]

    [Tip] Google Sheet Calculator for Dealing with Spinners

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    Disclaimer

    Third party apps are not endorsed by the subreddit. Use it at your own risk!


    Hello everyone! Are you tired of figuring out what the final orb will be in any given spinner? Well here is a calculator that does that for you! With Beleth descended reminding all of us as to why 1-turn orb locks are actually good, I thought to design a calculator in Google Sheets that will calculate the final orb color of a given spinner (assuming you don't remove the original orb from it).

     

    To use the tool make a copy of it to your Google Drive, and change the orb move time and the spinner cycle time respectively (Spinner Cycle Time can be found on Ilmina and PADX). The table shows what the final color will be (except for poison, jammer, and bomb) of the orb color located in the spinner when you start puzzling (Movement time begins decrementing). When puzzling do not crossover the spinners and if you finish early, hold the orb until your time runs out.

     

    Try to start puzzling as soon as the orb changes rather than mid-cycle as some movement time and spinner combinations will give fractions of a cycle meaning the orb may change again if you start puzzling too late in a cycle.

     

    Last tip: If you do not want to use the calculator or calculate what the final orb will be. Assuming 0.5, 1, and 2 second spin timers, if your movement time is a multiple of 6 (for 2 second spin timers, 6 seconds does not work for this trick) then the final orb will be the same as the initial orb (again, assuming the original orb is in there and is not a hazard orb).

     

    Good luck and may you roll the bunny or Menoa so you never have to think about this mechanic again.

     

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16gEP2yPWt1jb3GBZ-JV8peecUJD4APF980uhWxq6_70/edit?usp=sharing

    Edit: Got Chakeol mixed up with base Menoa for some reason.

    submitted by /u/loopdeer
    [link] [comments]

    LF someone willing to trade Nimue Gem, can trade any one of these gems, 310 283 263

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    [Achievement] First AA4 clear with Raphael/Dyer!

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    [Dungeon] comments on my Menoa X Aljae team for AA4

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 08:42 AM PDT

    [Dungeon] comments on my Menoa X Aljae team for AA4

    Hi,

    I came up with this team for AA4 when Aljae comes out. Just wanted some other opinions in case I missed something.

    https://preview.redd.it/a7pqvnu8s3451.png?width=671&format=png&auto=webp&s=7fe0f237f46df349518498699497a55e0a886050

    • Menoa could end up with Leaderswap latent (worth it?)
    • Poison surge latent could be on either Radra or Bastet, but I put it on Radra since their damage is similar and I can keep the SDR on Bastet.
    • Got guard break covered for Tamas and Aten
    • Got burst, but not planning on using it on snowglobes, I can tank him or delay him.
    • 220k effective HP should be plenty
    • Only need to stall one turn on Undine to transform
    • No balance killers, but I hoped there would be enough damage. If I put poison surge on bastet, Radra could have the killers...
    • Fully resist everything, but jammers (80%)
    • Full SBR turn 1

    Anything I missed?

    submitted by /u/alxrenaud
    [link] [comments]

    Is my box worth trading for yomi

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 08:36 AM PDT

    https://m.imgur.com/a/aWdzVqo

    Is my box worth trading for yomi? Subs include sherias, lampeid, ameno, polowne, sun quan, blodin. I can also have ticket for Yuri.

    submitted by /u/LEOH4Y
    [link] [comments]

    Leader?

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 05:54 AM PDT

    Getting back into PaD

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 08:20 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. Just getting back into pad but i cant get my last date played and rank because i cant sign into my old account. I have all of the other data nessecary. Is there any way anyone can help me out? My last version of the game was 8.6 and my old iphone5 cant update sadly.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Baldyyxx
    [link] [comments]

    Jerry’s such a gem

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 04:42 AM PDT

    When you remember to unbind but forget to 1-shot

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 09:54 AM PDT

    To 20,000 more

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 08:24 AM PDT

    Baby steps

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 02:17 PM PDT

    Clearing TA master of the magical arts

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 07:46 PM PDT

    I finally completed the normal dungeons and now I have the chance to do the training arena. I've done it 5 times and still havent gotten past the witches. I dont know if I need more cards to make an actual team that can complete it or if I'm not using the right ones. box thank yall for yalls help last time I asked a question I'm really happy I got into this game:)

    submitted by /u/rose_end_o
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment