• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 16, 2020

    Puzzle & Dragons [Guide] AA4 - Vergil Cheese

    Puzzle & Dragons [Guide] AA4 - Vergil Cheese


    [Guide] AA4 - Vergil Cheese

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    Intro

    Hey everyone! I've seen a bit of interest in alternative AA4 cheese teams since some people may not have access to Yugi or Arianrhod. I did play a bit of the blue cheese with Yugi but quickly stopped since it felt a bit clunky to use. The Vergil team I'm going to go over today is an incredibly smooth team to play and deals with any combination of spawns with ease. I've done about 20~ runs of this now and feel that I have a good baseline of how the team works and what to be on the lookout for. There are a few things that I still want to test which will be noted below.

     

    TLDRs at the end of each section. This team is very consistent and incredibly fast for a cheese team. Feel free to ask questions in the comments if you'd like me to clarify something!


    Team

    Team + Clear

     

    You can lead with either Kaiba or Vergil and use any badge except no skyfall

     

    The dungeon completion time ranges anywhere from 27 - 38 minutes where most of my runs end up being in the low 30s range. It really depends on how fast you're going, how well you know the dungeon, and understanding where to use skills + what floors to skip. For now, we'll dive into the equips and potential replacements. This team is easily accessible to most boxes outside of the leaders in my opinion. With Kaiba and Vergil, you gain full blind and poison immunity right off the bat.

     

    Vergil + Sheen equip (6 SDR): Sheen equip is used for bursting Odin Dragon since he has 1 billion health + color advantage on you. However, I plan to test if Vergil's burst is enough at some point. The dark damage reduction awakening in combination with Amidamaru gives you some breathing room to tank Persephone's preempt. For latents, you can use leader swap here over SDR, but you won't have Vergil burst up for Schehrazade/Brahma if you get Nobunaga on the floor before

     

    Bubblie + Shaman King Anna Equip (Poison Surge): Poison Surge removes Persephone, Freyja, and Neptune Dragon debuffs, which makes it a very nice latent to have. In terms of equip replacements, Yugi and Tatsuma Sakamoto equip work as well since they bring tape resist and awoken bind clear.

     

    Bubblie + Yato Umbrella (Blue Resist): Any 1 turn damage absorb equip works here. Reeche hats are pretty nice, but I haven't played around with it yet. The cooldown is longer, but it shouldn't be an issue if you're stalling.

     

    Bubblie + Amidamaru Equip (6 SDR): Amidamaru equip allows you to kill Set on turn 1 if you get 1 skyfall since Kaiba board + Kaiba LS + Amidamaru is 10c already. Fagan Rai equip can also work here, but you lose the damage reduction latents. In that case, you'll need to add on additional blue reduction latents to achieve 100% resistance. 6 SDR is not necessary, but it allows you to have the equip up for Scherazade's combo shield if you want to play it safe.

     

    Courage + Unbindable Equip (6 SDR): Any unbindable equip here works. NY Reeche hat is the best since it carries cloud resist, but I personally run Cecil for extra jammer resist so I don't have to worry about taking time to match bombs while stalling + I don't have her... The longer the CD, the more it benefits your completion time. If you're using a low CD equip, your run is most likely over if the equip comes up. Keep in mind that you can't use Courage's skill if the floor is already blue, so be mindful of where you stall and the equip's cooldown. 6 SDR is mandatory here.

     

    Kaiba + Kaiba Equip (6 SDR): Kaiba equip allows you to not have to worry about his equip coming up, but it's very luxurious to have and completely unnecessary. Amidamaru + Cecil + Shelling Ford on Kaiba gives you 100% immunity to jammers if you'd like to go that route. Again, the longer the CD here, the better it is for your completion time and run consistency.

     

    TLDR: Team is super flexible in terms of equips. Kaiba board is always 8c guaranteed with 2 VDPs and Vergil + Kaiba actives melt everything.


    Floor Guide

    Since this post is already pretty lengthy, I'll skip some floors and try to be brief. If you have questions on a specific floor, feel free to ask.

     

    F1: If it wasn't clear already, you can stall here even if you're skill bound and the team does not require a donation stick to work. I normally stall for Vergil's board change to come up, just in case I need it during the early floors. Remember that a VDP from Vergil active is not always guaranteed.

    F2: Ronove gives you free turns, VDP not required here. Vergil active should be up if you need it

    F3: Enoch > Kaiba active

    F4: Beware of auto fua skyfall on Aten. You can also skip Persephone's time debuff if you're carrying Ronove time buff into this floor

    F6: Stalling on Freyja can be dangerous since she has very little health and is devil type. If you have no board change actives up, you need to cheese her because of Astraea on the next floor.

    F7: Astraea also has awoken bind (not a preempt), so you don't really want to cheese this unless you have your awoken clear up.

    F8: Save orbs to VDP Thanatos or Kaiba + Amidamaru to try and kill Set when he has 10c shield up. If not, cheese both

    F10 - 12: Breeze through with 7x6 board. All cheesable if necessary, but don't cheese the tamas if you can avoid it. Auto fua skyfall will kill them and your run is over if courage isn't up in 2~ turns

    F14: Cheese

    F15: Kaiba LS shield let's you tank Kurone. Awoken bind clear + Kaiba. Kaiba and manipulate spinners if Ryo spawns

    F16: Reeche over Yato Umbrella is nice here for Izanagi's rotating color and damage absorb. 6 SDR is mandatory for Nobunaga's 6 skill delay and execute, which he does every turn after his countdown

    F17: Your actives are up, just kill both spawns on T1. Kaiba + Amidamaru for Scheherazade or Kaiba for Brahma. You can count how many of each orb you have from the Kaiba active and match around the spinner to make the same board as always

    F18: Cheese, stall for Sheen active

    F19: Sheen + Kaiba > Kill

    F20: Cheese. Vergil + Kaiba is enough to bring to 50% and also kill

     

    TLDR: Play it safe. You're usually never in danger of dying unless you get unlucky, mismanage your actives, or PSI. Kaiba board is a guaranteed 8c board, so don't be afraid to use it when needed.


    Conclusion

    For those of you that made it this far, thanks for reading! If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer them. Overall, this team plays pretty quick for a cheese team and I'm definitely satisfied with it so far. Remember, you do not need to cheese every floor, and that you should be saving orbs on the floors you cheese. Thanks again for checking out the guide!

    submitted by /u/Cmpukahi
    [link] [comments]

    [Misc] Puzzle and Dragons chibis (from Summons Board)

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    I finally beat A6 with the stalling technique ahaha... (pain)

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    I have been playing for 6 years on and off and I still have no idea how this game works

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/AQC0LpK/ Let me start of by saying that I started playing this in middle school and I had a friend who was really good who taught me the ropes and explained the mechanics. A lot of stuff went over my head though, I got really good at orb movement but the monsters and other attributes of the game were mostly ignored by me and fixed by my friend. I stopped playing after I while I don't remember exactly why but in high school I redownloaded it to find that all my data had been saved and the game had become a lot more complicated than I remember. Even in middle school the game was hard for me to get. So I stopped playing again. Now that I'm in college I picked the game back up and decided I actually want to understand how it works. So if anyone would mind explaining the more hard to grasp concepts in the game like reincarnation and things like that.

    TLDR: I've been playing for a long time but I really don't actually know how to play

    submitted by /u/zackmatt2
    [link] [comments]

    Beat AA4 for the first time yesterday. Feels good to have everything cleared again.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 12:47 PM PDT

    [NA][News] Buffs to select Seasonals and GFEs are live

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    What Makes a Good Assist?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 09:40 AM PDT

    I've been playing for a couple weeks now after putting the game down for a while, and I'm completely lost as to how assists work/what makes a good assist.

    I see a bunch of players with assists for their leads on my helper list, and while I'm able to put an assist on my leads such as Akine and DMeta, I'm not really sure which assist I should do.

    Also, can you unbind assist once they're bind? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

    My box can be found from my previous posts.

    submitted by /u/jpmountel
    [link] [comments]

    Compensation stone

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    Did we just get a compensation stone for a problem we didn't even see yet (Touya)?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyPvC25nk5s

    submitted by /u/FrontSubject
    [link] [comments]

    i did not know you could do this .-.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 06:29 AM PDT

    Used the pad pass free trial a few days ago but didnt get spring forward medal

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 12:27 PM PDT

    I heardd somewhere that you had 3 weeks to get the medal but i didnt receive one. Has anyone else had this problem?

    submitted by /u/ramstrykre15
    [link] [comments]

    [NA][News] The bonus 2 pulls for the 100 free pulls have begun rolling out

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    Water you doing here.

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    LF VIdeal, Norza, Aljae 359,898,353

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    I’m kinda glad they patched it tbh

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 02:51 PM PDT

    Whats your AA4 team?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 01:13 AM PDT

    Hey everyone! Long time lurker here.

    I've been trying a multitude of teams of teams to face AA4, and have experienced significant amounts of difficulty clearing the dungeon consistently. My most successful team so far has been: - Dyer(fagan assist) / odin dragon (light shelling ford assist) / diao chan (tsukoyomi card) / SRIndra (Glimmer of Hope) / aten (DReeche hat) / VIdeal (VIdeal assist and tape resist SA)

    That said I have attempted a multitude of other teams including: - Tsukoyomi / Norza - Lucia / Aljae - BaseMenoa / Aljae - Yugi (Bakuro team) / Fasca - Yugi (balanced team) / Nelle - Alice / Fasca - Aten(Shinji Swap) / Dyer - Deena / Fasca

    Even having using quite ideal teams for all those leaders, I still have not found a team that consistently clears AA4. I am extremely curious what all of you have been using to clear this dungeon on a regular basis, and if you could, what modifications would you make to your current team.

    submitted by /u/seanmogi
    [link] [comments]

    LF Nelle/V friends with SB assist 365 790 357

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 02:18 PM PDT

    What's the rate of Overhaul dropping?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    Need Help Building A Better Team

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 01:34 PM PDT

    http://imgur.com/a/R8aNptO

    I (like most people that need help with teams on here) played the game pretty heavily a few years ago, and picked it back up for the 100 free rolls. The mechanics and puzzle solving aspects i will pick up again eventually, but for now, i dont know what is meta, and would like to know what i should be focusing on equipping/evolving/leveling the most to prepare for some of the harder content. Thank you so much for your help!

    submitted by /u/ADecrepitSeaTurtle
    [link] [comments]

    Is Fagan still relevant?

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 02:24 AM PDT

    Leader

    He needs 20 skill boost to transform, and he doesn't really provide much except his 10 turn void vdp. Even with a 3x dragon skill, the most I gotten out of him was like 160k as a multiplier (pairing with VIdeal.) This is kind of pathetic as Fasca can breathe out 100k multiplier when paired with Alice. Am I pairing Fagan with a good leader? Or am I just in denial and Fagan is irrelevant as a leader.

    Sub

    Is there even a way to put Fagan as a sub? Even then, what Leaders would you use? I am not sure.

    His assist is pretty good, proving cloud, sb, and 2x HP awakenings. Is there really a use for Fagan in 2020?

    submitted by /u/Zerprent
    [link] [comments]

    LF: Alice friends! 323,956,380

    Posted: 16 Jul 2020 10:48 AM PDT

    Rolled Fasca with my pity roll, looking for Alice friends to pair her with!

    submitted by /u/HookerQueen
    [link] [comments]

    Aten aa4 spawn

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 11:59 PM PDT

    Would a skill that does 500k damage 3 times kill aten or bring it down to resolve?

    submitted by /u/swurtle
    [link] [comments]

    Fun fact: some of the newer gems are bicolor. Nimue, Beleth, and Qilin Dra not pictured

    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 08:42 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment